These are from our 2014 – 2017 Strategic Plan. Click here for more information.
The Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO) provides the following free services:
- Facilitate resolution of individual complaints regarding issues or concerns that impact any student in Washington's public school system.
- Provide public information, consultation, and referrals regarding the Washington State public education system.
- Train families, educators, and community-based professionals about the public education system, conflict resolution, and effective parent engagement.
- Produce publications and tools for parents translated in a variety of languages.
- Collect and report data annually regarding annual statewide complaint patterns and trends related to concerns and issues brought to OEO.
- Make data informed recommendations and strategies for the improvement of policies, procedures, and requirements within the public education system that will improve the success rates of racial and ethnic minorities, students with disabilities, and students within the Opportunity Gap.
- Collaborate with families and educational stakeholders to address systemic issues including bullying and harassment, school discipline, and the educational Opportunity Gap.
- Outreach to underserved communities across the state to assist in accessing and navigating Washington's public education system.