Contact us about:
Help with Your Question or Concern (Click for other languages)
Please reach out to us online, or by phone, online, fax, or mail. Please note that OEO has a limited staff and funding and prioritizes its work according to its strategic plan criteria.
- Online – Fill out our Online Intake Form and someone will follow up with you within 3 business days to either provide information or schedule an appointment. Our online intake is available at all times, but someone will follow up during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm).
- By Phone – Call us toll free at 1-866-297-2597 during our business hours of 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday to share your concern. Our staff can access phone interpretation for more than 150 languages.
- By Fax or Mail – Download a Request for Ombuds Services form and the Permission to Contact the School form (this form allows OEO to discuss the student's situation directly with school and district staff). Mail completed forms (address is printed on the forms) to OEO or fax them to us at our toll-free fax: 1-844-886-5196.
If you work with OEO, we might need to view your student's records to better understand the concerns. If we need to do that, we will ask you then to give us your permission for the school to release the records. We use this form for our records release: Permission to Release Student Records.
We can also coach educators and community advocates on supporting students and resolving conflicts. Please email email@example.com for this assistance. One of our team members can often answer a question by email or with a short call.
We welcome contact from families, students, educators, and other community stakeholders with concerns or questions.
Our office works collaboratively, informally, confidentially, and impartiallyto help families and schools resolve conflicts. What should you know about us? This short document explains how we are Working With Families. We encourage you to read it to understand what we can and cannot do to help. These documents explain how we can support educators and community professionals.
- For educators (with examples): Working With Educators – With Examples
- For educators (short version): Working With Educators – Short Version
- For community partners: Working With Community Partners
Request Trainings and Outreach Visits
We offer free presentations, trainings, and outreach on a wide range of issues! We also offer community clinics in partnerships with nonprofits or schools to bring our ombuds services directly to your neighborhood, when we can.
Some of our recent trainings have covered conflict resolution; family engagement; harassment, intimidation and bullying (HIB); school discipline; supports for homeless or foster youth; language access; and services for students with disabilities. We are very interested in building community capacity to expand the reach of our small staff. If you have good information, you can help many students succeed!
OEO can customize trainings for families, community groups and leaders, and educators to meet their needs. Listed below are a few sample outlines of OEO trainings to give you a sense of our services:
OEO has limited staff and resources for travel and gives preference to events that reach:
- Larger audiences
- Concerns that fit within our strategic plan and increase educational equity
- Community-capacity building through a train-the-trainers model
- Presentations that can be delivered online, such as interactive webinars
If you are interested in hosting a presentation, training, outreach event ,or clinic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about availability.