Please be sure to read about our roleservices, and Frequently Asked Questions.

Read a brief overview of how Ombuds are Working With Families.

How to request our services (Click for other languages)

By Phone – Call us toll free at 1-866-297-2597 to set up a confidential appointment with an ombuds. Our staff can access phone interpretation for more than 150 languages.

Online – Fill out our Online Intake Form and someone will get in contact with you to set up an appointment with an ombuds.

By Fax or Mail – Download a Request for Ombuds Services form and the Permission to Contact the School form (this form allows OEO to discuss the student's situation directly with school and district staff). Mail completed forms (address is printed on the forms) to OEO or fax them to us at 206-729-3251.

Due to OEO's limited resources and the increasing number of cases OEO receives, OEO is prioritizing direct interventions to issues that are in line with our Strategic Plan.

While working with OEO, the ombuds may have a need to view your student records in order to better understand the problem. In that case, you will need to give your permission for the school to release the records. Please fill out the Permission to Release Student Records form, sign it and mail it or fax it to us as instructed on the form.

In many cases, problems, disputes, conflict with public schools can be solved by consulting with the school staff and following the school district's established grievance process. However, if you have made reasonable efforts to resolve the problem by talking to school officials and the problem remains unresolved, or if the process is unclear or non-existent, you should call OEO for assistance.

How to request public records

Please review OEO's Policy regarding Access to Public Records prior to contacting OEO.  Public Records Policy Spanish

A public records request can be submitted in any format (in person, by mail, email, fax or by telephone).  However, the OEO prefers to receive written requests directed to its Public Records Officer (contact information below).  To expedite processing of requests, individuals are invited to fill out a Public Records Request Form Spanish.

Please send completed Public Records Request Form to:

Public Records Officer
Attn: Rose Spidell
Office of the Education Ombuds
3518 Fremont Ave. N., #349
Seattle, WA 98103
1-866-297-2597 toll-free / main
206-729-3251 fax