What Every Parent Needs to Know
A series of four handbooks for parents and caregivers with children in elementary and secondary public schools in Washington state.
These four manuals are copyrighted to Team Child and the Office of the Education Ombuds, and all rights are thereby reserved. Permission is granted to download and duplicate the manuals for individual and non-commercial use. However, their content may not be otherwise used without expressed permission of both parties.
Use these short toolkits to get information on topics frequently brought to our office.
- Athletics and Activities
- Complaints Regarding Staff or Programs
- Enrollment, Choice, and School Transfers
- Highly Capable Programs
- Online Schools
- Safety Plans
OEO Services at-a-glance, we can help!
- 中文 (Chinese)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- По-Русски (Russian)
- Español (Spanish)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
Brochures for Parents
- We Can Help English
- Resolving Conflict at School (A Guide for Families)
- Participate in Your Child's Education (A Guide for Families Getting Involved at School)
- Make the Most of a Parent-Teacher Conference (A Guide for Families of Elementary School Students)
- Bullying at School (What a Family Can Do)
- Tips for Families to Prevent & Address Bullying
- How Does a School District Work? (A Guide for Families)
- 25 Tips to Get Involved in Your Child's Education [Español (Spanish)]
- 25 Tips for Schools to Involve Parents [Español (Spanish)]