World Language Credit Program
Did you know that as a high school student you may be able to get credit for a language that you already know?
Follow these three easy steps:
- Determine if you're eligible.
- Take the tests.
- Get credit.
Learn more at: Students Earn Credits. It's that easy.
World Language Credit Program provides these opportunities for students:
- To honor and validate students' first language and the languages of their families
- To provide opportunities for fluent and literate speakers to receive high school credit for their knowledge of these languages
- To open up opportunities for students to access core subject credits required for graduation (This is a significant opportunity for ELL students who enter the U.S. high school system mid-year or with limited core subject credits.)
- To prepare bilingual students for future career opportunities in private industry and to meet government needs for skilled bilingual speakers
- To motivate students to take advanced courses in their heritage languages at their schools, in college or at ethnic community centers
World Language Credit Brochures
- English (black & white)
World Language Credits Video Clips on YouTube
Courtesy of OneAmerica: