All of OEO’s Resources in One Place
OEO creates guides and toolkits that help families, schools, and community groups understand how our school system works and what to do when certain issues arise. The first set of materials below are our basic documents but after the four guides, you will find information about specific topics, such as attendance, bullying, and highly capable programs. Finally, at the bottom of the page, you will find electronic copies of our promotional brochures. Please spread the word.
A series of four handbooks for parents and caregivers with children in elementary and secondary public schools in Washington state.
These four manuals are copyrighted to Team Child and the Office of the Education Ombuds, and all rights are thereby reserved. Permission is granted to download and duplicate the manuals for individual and non-commercial use. However, their content may not be otherwise used without expressed permission of both parties.
Use these short toolkits to get information on topics frequently brought to our office.
- Athletics and Activities
- Attendance and Truancy (Spanish)
- Attendance Tips: Elementary Students and Middle/ High School Students
- Communicating with Schools (available in multiple languages)
- Complaints Regarding Staff or Programs
- Enrollment, Choice, and School Transfers Spanish/Español
- Getting Started with Disability Supports at School Spanish/Español Somali
- Highly Capable Programs
- How Does a School District Work? (also in: Cambodian; 中文 (Chinese); 한국어 (Korean); По-Русски (Russian); Somali; Español (Spanish); Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Online Schools
- Parent Observations in the Classroom
- Phone Interpretation Services for Schools/Districts
- Safety Plans
- Teacher Conferences
- Tips for Families to Prevent and Address Bullying (also in: Punjabi; Russian; Spanish; Vietnamese)