Did you know that as a high school student you may be able to get credit for a language that you already know?
Follow these three easy steps:
- Determine if you're eligible.
- Take the tests.
- Get credit.
Learn more at: Students Earn Credits. It's that easy.
World Language Credit Program provides these opportunities for students:
- To honor and validate students' first language and the languages of their families
- To provide opportunities for fluent and literate speakers to receive high school credit for their knowledge of these languages
- To open up opportunities for students to access core subject credits required for graduation (This is a significant opportunity for ELL students who enter the U.S. high school system mid-year or with limited core subject credits.)
- To prepare bilingual students for future career opportunities in private industry and to meet government needs for skilled bilingual speakers
- To motivate students to take advanced courses in their heritage languages at their schools, in college or at ethnic community centers
World Language Credit Brochures
World Language Credits Video Clips on YouTube
Courtesy of OneAmerica: